by: Grant Photography - Evin

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blame Game - Not Daddy's Fault that You Aren't Trying....

This is just a piece from a song called Blame Game by Cel-D on his album "Who Iz Cel-D?" Not the complete song, but a good majority, may be more of a different song, same CD on Friday. I could have put this on my poetry blog, but I felt this was more appropriate. So read, take heed, share if you desire. There may be more stuff like this soon, so keep up, a little mini-series of notes, keep you reading.

[starting with chorus and second verse]
Why we can't just be in love, why we gotta play the blame game?
Love is easy but you make it hard to maintain.
You suppose to ride with me, why you think your name changed?
Blame me for your daddy's mistakes, now that's a dang shame.

Sometimes I would as a people, where would we be if Eve never ate that fruit from the tree.
And Adam would've been a man and said I asked you to cook.
While you're over there chillin with the slithery crook.
That's the power that a woman has over their man.
When we love them, we'll eat death straight from their hand.
I heard the sisters say ya'll wanna be a woman easy bake maid
But when the dude come up short, you wonderfully made.
And you ain't checking for no man unless you feel that he paid.
Drive a nice whip and got a 401K. If he ain't got that, then his battleship sank.
You want a brother thats a steak, when you only a frank.
With no ketchup and no bun, you just a plain ole frank.
You want help with your hustle, but won't hustle with your man.
If he's selling hot dogs, make a sign for his stand, if he working sanitation, help him flip them garbage cans.
Pray for him, even if you don't understand. Even secular artist learn to cater to their man.
But you standing at the door with a open hand.

Why we can't just be in love, why we gotta play the blame game?
Love is easy but you make it hard to maintain.
You suppose to ride with me, why you think your name changed?
Blame me for your daddy's mistakes, now that's a dang shame.

Now some sister's hear this rap and they mad at the fact,
that's I'm coming at them hard, all through this whole track.
But I never said your name, so who's really to blame?
For the fact that this rap exposed your whole game.
You got this whole real woman facade down pat,
But the way you treat a real man is really so whack.
I ain't leave when you was two, I ain't responsible for that.
Put your pride to the side, call your dad and holla back.
I'm an honest man of God, I ain't trying to diss you.
But your pops probably left your moms for tripping just like you.
And when he tried to call and talk to you, she wouldn't let him through.
So you spend the rest of your life, blaming that on dudes.
As a brother, I never saw my pops, didn't like my mother.
But that ain't no excuse for me to treat you like them others.
Never had a blanket, but expected to share my covers.
Then you start yapping, like ain't no good men out here,
Cause you done scared them away with all your childhood fears.
Every good man you meet, you take for a joke. See, I take ya'll so serious, that I take notes.
Do you know what type of demons ya'll sisters provoke? I don't condone it, but I see why his hands was on your throat.
His mama hate him, cause he act like his pops. And no you play him, cause you mad at your pops.
For you, he gave up a rib, look how fast you forgot.

For sisters and dudes, blaming how they are on their experiences with their parents.You gotta get rid of all that garbage so you can move forward in your relationship, and break all them generational curses....

Go buy the CD, click here for info.
Be blessed.

No comments: