by: Grant Photography - Evin

Monday, August 4, 2008

Take the Chance to be Happy...

Today I start a new job.  Yay, right? Yay and nay. I do start a new job, in which I feel I will be happier, but at the same time, I will be making less money (I hear part time).  But in maturing, I've learned that happiness can not be based on the size of your wallet.


I know a number of wealthy people who are dissatisfied with life.  Well they are financially wealthy. Me, I am wealthy, but in a different way.  I have continuous, unquantifiable happiness.  Death, robbery, illness; and your money is gone, but nothing can take away my personal joy.


In life, a lot people are missing happiness because they are settling. They will sacrifice happiness for money, love, sex, attention, promotion, acceptance, what have you, and that is honestly sad to me. I look at it like this. Although I'll be making less money NOW, through my joy, it will open opportunities for growth, and believe, if not soon, before I die I will be making financial withdraws from my bank account with a $1,000,000 balance, I claim that.


A lot of people now are stuck in jobs, wondering why they can't grow, wondering why they haven't been promoted. Well, when you enter your job looking like the dog pissed on your head, no one is going to want you in a higher position. I think I'm done on this subject, basically what I'm saying:


STOP SELLING YOURSELF SHORT BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN AGENDA. OPEN YOURSELF TO CHANCE. ALLOW GOD TO WORK. SO BUSY TRYING TO STRUCTURE YOUR LIFE, YOU AREN'T LETTING LIFE LIVE ITSELF. ESSENTIALLY YOU ARE MISSING OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE TRYING TO GET IN.


You'll get it eventually.


*Green

No comments: