by: Grant Photography - Evin

Monday, April 7, 2008

A Case of the Mondays

So have you ever woke up just knowing it was going to be one of those days. How about this, have you ever gone to bed that night before knowing the next day was going to be one of those days. If you haven't, I am.

Last night, I was tired as all outside. It was a crabby, dark day itself, so I was already on the "moving slow" end, and I was babysitting the 2 year old. So I was super tired last night. But I couldn't get to sleep. I was dead tired, but sleep was not in the plan my body had. Finally falling asleep around 1:30 AM or so, I struggle staying asleep. Since my emergency room escapade back in mid-March (before starting these, so you wouldn't know anything about is), I have struggled with sleeping. A combination of nightly cold-sweats, and visions in my sleep that I may or may not be able to decipher. The visions last night confused me. Some I could make out, others I couldn't. All the parts that had me wrestling or fighting with the commercialized object of death (the whole Grim Reaper thing), has me in shock. Either someone or something is going to come to an end. Hopefully a something, more than a someone. A vision of change, where something old dies and something new arises. But I question, if I am fighting with death, am I holding on to something that is meant to die out?

Anyways, my first set of visions was a Royal Rumble with death, causing me to wake up around 3:15 AM (yes I looked at the clock). Realizing that I was having my night sweats I went to turn the heat down, noticing it was only in the 60s: 64, 66...somewhere around there, so I was sweating on my own heat. So I get back to sleep and vision two starts. It's me, in a room (not my own now), auditioning people to be my roommate. Have I moved? And why was a homeboy from high school auditioning (not my current roommate, who I know from high school too).

Well that vision didn't give me night sweats, so I pretty much stayed sleep til this morning. Not wanting to get up...I finally do. Low and behold, I don't get to work til 9:30 AM...wanting to be heard around 8-8:30 like usual.

I get to work, and it seems a pretty regular day until I have to go make some copies. THE FREAKING MACHINE GETS A SUPER JAM! In the middle of a big job, so yes I had to start over. With my wonderful computer skills, and simple mechanical abilities I am able to get the jam out. No problem, but I go to re-staple the original files and, click click, I have no staples, it happens. I go back to my desk, which is pretty far from the copy machine to get some staples, and find out; my staplers WASN'T out of staples, it was full, they had just been jammed into the stapler. So I walked back, to finish my copies.

The END!
Did I mention, this is going to be a long day.

No comments: